The Roaring 20s Webquest
Open a Word document and type your name at the top. Copy each question below to your document and save. Then, follow the links to answer each question on your document.
The Roaring Twenties
Prohibition – http://www.1920-30.com/prohibition/
1. What were the intended goals for Prohibition?
2. What were the actual results of Prohibition?
3. Which amendment began Prohibition? Which amendment repealed it?
4. Who was Al Capone?
Jazz – http://www.pbs.org/jazz/time/time_roaring.htm
5. How were the roaring twenties “a time of unprecedented prosperity”?
6. Name five bands from the 1920’s.
7. What two inventions helped jazz reach even remote locations of the U.S.?
8. Did everyone enjoy jazz music? How do you know?
Fashion – http://www.1920-30.com/fashion/
9. Describe fashion in the 1920’s.
10. What was “the bob”?
11. Who were the flappers?
12. How did the roaring twenties redefine womanhood?
Slang of the 1920’s – http://local.aaca.org/bntc/slang/slang.htm
13. Use the slang terms to write one sentence about Prohibition.
14. Use the slang terms to write one sentence about the music of the 1920’s.
15. Use the slang terms to write one sentence about the fashion of the 1920’s.